Prep Meeting on Zoom: December 9, 2020, 19:30 (18:30 CST) https://us02web.zoom.us/j/81506104779 Meeting ID: 815 0610 4779
December 16-17, 2020 Live Campaign:
Why now? Why us?
Democracy in Israel is in crisis. We’re fearful for its future. The Adam Institute is drawing on its decades of experience in democracy education to address the pressing challenges surfacing in this current crisis.
Since the Adam Institute’s establishment in 1987, AI has developed and promoted educational programs for democracy and peace, inculcating a worldview that champions human and civil rights and social action. These activities are geared towards Jews and Arabs, religious and secular, women and men, children, teens and adults, citizens of Israel and residents. The Adam Institute’s programming takes places in preschools, kindergartens, primary, junior high and high schools; social-change organizations, academic institutions and colleges, women’s organizations in Israel and abroad. Thousands of girls and boys, young women and men, students, lecturers and social activists have already studied with us, learning about the importance of democracy and consequently serve as its defenders in other educational frameworks. The Adam Institute’s activities are rooted in a unique, world-renowned method is called “Betzavta – Adam Institute’s group facilitation method”. The Adam Institute for Democracy and Peace was established in 1987 in memory of Emil Grunzweig, a researcher and educator from Jerusalem, who was killed in a demonstration in Jerusalem on February 10, 1983, while demonstrating against the Lebanon War.
Why a campaign?
Granted, times are tough. Nevertheless, this campaign is precisely what’s needed now to safeguard Israeli democracy—to expand and deepen our activities in the field with new and old population sectors, examine the challenges to democracy and peace, address lurking dangers, and renew and innovate our efforts with intellectual and civic courage
What are our plans?
- Train educators in the formal and information education system to teach democratic principles and adapt their curricular efforts to meet today’s challenges
- Cultivate outstanding young democratic leadership to promote the future of democracy in Israel
- Promote gender equality across Israeli society and its institutions
- Cultivate a new generation of facilitators skilled in the award-winning “Betzavta- Adam Institute’s group facilitation method” and foster social activist groups that will initiate projects and in their respective communities to protect democracy.
- Deepen knowledge among Israeli citizens and residents about democratic principles
- Promote a respectful political civic discourse across Israeli society on the basis of equality
- Develop digital educational materials in Hebrew and Arabic
Our success depends on each and every one of you.
- Prepare lists of potential donors who can be contacted during our campaign.
- Distribute our campaign materials to everyone in Israel and abroad across social media.
- Connect us to the media – radio, television, bloggers, institutionalized and independent press.
- Reach out to friends and potential donors during the campaign or a few days before.
- Donate to the campaign – any amount is welcome.
- Share your creative ideas …
*Campaign contributions will be expected throughout December 2020
The Adam Institute is a non-profit, non-governmental organization registered under Israeli law (No.580115441). It is recognized as a public institute for donations in Israel (under Section 46 of the Income Tax Ordinance) and every donation is tax deductible.